Monday, October 28, 2013

NaBloWriMo Day 28 Uh…

It is day 28 and I am out of topics. Not that I’d ever let that stop my fingers from traipsing across the keyboard.

The big joke about bloggers used to be topics of such inanity that bloggers became the butt of many online jokes. From babies pooping to rambling prose about plates of food, bloggers could wax poetic about anything. It’s kind of true, too.

Take this post, for instance. I hadn’t even given it much thought until Tam reminded me that I had one due for tonight and, with the exception of some irritating crap going on at work, there really isn’t anything going on worth writing about.

I made meatloaf for dinner. There was even enough left to make up a few meals, so I’ll freeze some and have some fairly quick, easy dinners in the future. I’m sure you’re a better person for knowing that now, aren’t you?

The fire isn’t going well tonight, so I’m a little chilled. I attempted a shortcut and ended up nearly putting it out. I’ll probably fiddle with it some more before giving it last rites. Unfortunately, it’s supposed to start freezing at night, which means the house is going to get really uncomfortable and I will be cranky. So will the bird.

NWBookfest is this coming weekend and I’m planning on attending with a friend. We’ve managed to go almost every year it’s been held. This year, they’re charging for the workshops, but the author panels will be free, which is good. While the cost of the workshops for two days is very reasonable ($99), it’s still a little too rich for my blood. There are two author panels that intrigued me, but one is on Saturday (the day I prefer to go) and the one I REALLY want to attend is in Sunday.

I’ve convinced my youngest to come mow my yard for me the next decent weekend we have. He’s been working for his grandparents on weekends, as well as holding down a full-time job an hour away. He loves his new job, and he says his co-workers are the absolute best. I’m really happy for him and I can tell it’s made a huge improvement on his emotional self as well.

For the next couple days, I’ll attempt to have something more entertaining to post, or if I can’t get anything to float to the surface of my brain, I’ll find some photographs to share.


Oh, but on Thursday, I’ll tell you a little bit about my manuscript and the lovely torment known as editing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you. :)