Monday, October 21, 2013

NaBloWriMo Day 21 P Week

It’s P week in kindergarten and I can’t begin to tell you how thrilled I am about it. Thrilled. “…with a capital T and that rhymes with P and that stands for pool.”

It’s not that I have anything against the letter P, after all, it where would Peter Peter Pumpkin eater be today if we had no P? Eter Eter Umpkin Eater just doesn’t sound right. Let’s not forget that very useful word pee, as in, I gotta pee. Calling out, “hang on a sec, I gotta pee” sounds much better then “I gotta eee,” although there are times I’m making that sound because I’ve waited too long and I’m not sure I’ll make it.

The best part of that week is on Friday we’re having a Read-a-Thon! There will be stories and I’m planning on snagging as many of my favorites to read and share with the kids as I can. I’ve already put dibs on King Bidgood’s in the Bathtub; Click, Clack, Boo!, and a few others (but I’m pretty sure she’ll not approve of Walter the Farting Dog).

But the problem (roblem? Ruh-roh!) with P week is it ends on Pajama Day, and yes, I’m expected to wear pajamas on that day. To work. In front of small children. I told my teacher that I don’t have fancy jammies, they are purely functional. She gave me a strange look.
“Well,” she said, “you could wear a pair of sweat pants and a top.”
“That IS what I wear. They’re just well worn and comfortable…and it shows.”
“Oh.”

So now I need to decide if I’m going to splurge on something that DOESN’T look like it was worn and ravaged by ogres on drugs, or “forget” and just wear my regular clothes.


No, I’ll be a good sport and find something that doesn’t make me look like I sleep under a bridge. But, I just might have to sneak in Walter AND the Everybody Poops book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you. :)