Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Day 8 NaBloPoMo

Woo-hoo! My sweetie is in town! She drove over to visit me, her two kids, and her mom. It’s been a while since she’s been here and I must say, it is wonderful to have her back.

She asked me what I was going to write about for my NaBloPoMo. I told her I wasn’t sure, because nothing terribly exciting had happened to me today. She was…amused.

“Ok, well, there was ONE thing that happened today. I went grocery shopping!”
“And?”
“Came home and made tuna pasta salad.”
“And?”
“And I ate some of it.”
“AND?”
“And you are here right now having tuna pasta salad with me after we went to the grocery store together in our home town for the first time in months. Many, many months.”
“That’s better. Anything else?” Her eyebrow raised and I could feel the hair on my head starting to rise.
“Um, you brought me tea?”
“I meant anything else happen today?”
“Thunder and lightning. Wait, was that YOU?”
“Well, I will admit I was pretty close to that action. In fact, while I was on the freeway, lightning struck less than half a mile from me. It was pretty damn exciting.”
“Yeah, that was the storm that rolled through earlier and pretty much cleared the field of children at recess. Good times! Kids are fast, man! You start flinging lightning around and they head for cover. Well, most of them do. Then there are those who just kind of stand there, gape-mouthed as they stare at the sky and someone has to go after them before they either drown or get struck by lightning.”

“Ah, the next generation of politicians.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you. :)