Tuesday, October 22, 2013

NaBloWriMo Day 22 I Have No Idea...

Every night she asks me the question: What are you going to blog about? And every night I have pretty much the same answer: I have no idea.

Blogging used to be a little easier, especially when the offspring were around. It seemed I always had blog fodder when those clowns were hanging about. But now that they’re out making a place for themselves in the world, my subject matter has declined considerably. Even their father had a few blogs written in his honor. I doubt he’d appreciate it now, though.

The cats don’t care one way or the other, as long as I remember to clean the litter box and make sure there is no dish in their food. No, that’s not a typo. Everything is golden as long as they can’t see the bottom of the dish through the kibble, but once that kibble level is down far enough that you can see dish? STARVATION! IS! IMMINENT! And they will make no bones about telling me, even if it happens in the middle of the night.

Bird has been enjoying a new thing I’m doing these days. I’ve decided to keep my online presence at a minimum, because honestly, I’m tired of adding more drama to my days. My days are filled with enough drama to write a soap opera, mind you, most of it centers around a very young audience, but it is drama none-the-less.

Especially when it comes to illicit kissing on the playground!

Anyway, back to the bird. My mornings are a time for me to gather what wits I have left and make sure I’m at my best before I go to work. This means NOT visiting facebook first thing in the morning. Really. Stay away.

So, I’ve taken up an hour of reading. Or less reading and some bird time. I’ve tried doing both at once, but believe me, that bird can do a LOT of damage to a book. She LOVES paper. That being said, I will usually forgo the multi-tasking and focus on the bird. And it calms me. I bring all my scattered thoughts and emotions back into a nice pile and they kind of disappear as I just sit back and relax. I have the alarm on my phone set just in case I nod off, but otherwise, it’s just lovely and peaceful for about an hour.

If I do get online, it’s to check my work email to make sure I’m not forgetting to bring something with me. I don’t really consider it being “online” because I’m not surfing, but if I must call it being online, then I will. Reluctantly.

But being away from facebook and most of the online world in the morning has made enough of a difference, I’m thinking it would be a good idea to limit my online presence in the afternoons as well.


No promises, but I will admit that thinking about it makes me a little bit giddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you. :)