Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Well, I Did It

Despite all the crap that’s been flushed our way, I managed to get to 50k words on my NaNoWriMo project. I’m still not done, and I didn’t win by much, but I got it there, and I’m pleased that I managed it.

All things considered. Personally, I’m seriously thinking about taking a gun to November. I might even go after December, as it’s looking like it will start out with a mighty “fuck off and die” kind of weekend.

*sigh*

Anyway, the big crunch is over and now I can take my time finishing the damn story, although right now my heart just isn’t in it.

Tam’s new place of work isn’t going well. Someone told the department manager a bald faced lie about her, which got her in trouble before her second day of work even started. She’s being railroaded and she’s only on her first week.

Fortunately, she has a lot of people watching her back for her, so I doubt the trouble maker will find much success in the defamatory statements department, but it has done personal damage to my partner, and that damage is spreading. I fear our dream may come to an abrupt and ugly halt, and the little shop we long to own will have to find someone else to tend it. It hurts my heart to think about it right now.

Words. While I would like to make a living writing them, when I think of the power they wield, it makes me think twice.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry. It sounds as if you've had a horrible month. But kudos and congratulations on making the NaNo word count.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, Karen. No. No. I'm so sorry to hear about Tam. That is just awful. You guys don't need that kind of stress. I was so excited about your shop. I hope something can be worked out.

    And yeah. The power of words. So damaging sometimes. It does make you think twice. But you finished NaNo.... YEEHAWWWW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hugs. Lotsa hugs for you both. Wield your words well, and you'll use your power wisely. Embrace that power, don't fear it. ^-^

    The fuckball giving Tam grief will get what's coming to him. Believe it.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. :)