Friday, September 10, 2010

Summer’s End

Vacation has drawn to a close and I view its demise with mixed feelings. It’s been grand having summer off, being able to relax (ha!) and get lots of things accomplished (ha! Hahahahaha!). But there have been moments when I’ve realized that I kind of miss my job and the kids and stuff to do that gives me a paycheck. It’s not like I don’t have anything to do at home, it’s just home doesn’t write the checks, it just hands out the bills.

Yuck.

This year will be a little different at work. I’ll be teaching reading to groups of three students instead of working one-on-one. It’s not that the student I worked with last year no longer needs a 1:1, we just don’t have the staff.

As for home, well, we still have lots to do, after all, Tam still hasn’t finished unpacking yet (of course, I’m still finding boxes that were never unloaded after my ex and I moved into the house, so I guess there’s no real rush). And there’s yard work, thanks to a nasty neighbor. Ok, the yard work has always been there, but it’s something that we’ve worked on at our own pace (between jobs and other things that need our attention). But, nasty neighbor decided she doesn’t like us and called the code enforcement guys out to tell us to trim some shrubbery and tidy up the side yard.

That’s about the time we learned that nasty neighbor attached some birdfeeders to OUR fence (without permission). I’m thinking Nasty Neighbor is going to find her birdfeeders difficult to fill. Hell, she’s going to have to find them first. Oh, they’ll still be on her property (I’m not a thief), but they’ll be on her roof. Or under her car. Better still, I’ll just give them the old heave ho into the middle of her back yard. That way, I can return her things without trespassing on her property. See? I can be very considerate when I need to be.

What?

It’s probably a good thing summer is winding down and work will start up again. I’ll be too tired to cause trouble.

HA!

2 comments:

  1. Bwahahahaha!!! XD

    I'm so sorry you're having to deal with such a horrid person... >_<

    But I like your ideas of dealing with her bird feeders... ^-^

    Your family is in my thoughts & I hope your nasty neighbor takes a hike or pulls that stick out from wherever she's got it stuck...

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it. What an old busybody. She sounds like a complete pain. *blowing a raspberry in her general direction*

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. :)