Saturday, September 29, 2012

Survey Says...

Ok, here's the beef: I AM SICK TO PIECES OF GETTING SURVEYS.

Seriously, I cannot go to a store without being handed a receipt and a plea to "take the survey and give [them] all 10's, because anything less than 10 is failure," or the piles of emails I get asking me to take "five minutes" of MY time to fill out THEIR survey. And they all want 10's.

Wut???

 Don't ask me to give you a 10 and tell me anything less is failure. That's total bullshit.

Hello! I DO NOT GIVE 10's ON SURVEYS!

You know the old adage, "No one's perfect," right? Well, neither is any shopping experience I've ever had. Sometimes the music is too loud, or there are children running amok. Sometimes it's hard to find what I want, and harder still to find someone to help me. That doesn't mean my shopping experience was horrible, it just wasn't "perfect."

Perhaps my definition of "perfect" is different than theirs, because I've always thought "perfect" meant "without flaws." The friendly cashier may have been a pleasure to deal with in the checkout line, but that does not make a "perfect" shopping experience if I've had to shout over the in-store music or hunt through aisle after aisle because they've rearranged the damn store AGAIN and I can't find shit. That makes me cranky, and cranky means NOT PERFECT!

So, no, you will not get a 10. Sorry. If you have to beg for a "perfect" score, then you're already not doing something right.

1 comment:

  1. I hate doing surveys too, it's so annoying. Maybe stores should concentrate more on customer service and less on surveys. What's the world coming to???

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. :)