Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Day 2 NaBloWriMo

I made fudge the other day. I did it because I had company for dinner and my son does love sweets, just like his momma.

The amazing thing about this fudge is that I have yet to screw it up. Every time I’ve made it, it has come out delicious, smooth, creamy… um… hang on a second. I’ll be right back.

Gods, that was good…

Anyway, here is my post for the day. I call it:

1, 2, 3, FUDGE!

1 stick of butter. Use it to grease the inside of an 8x8 cake pan, then use it to grease the inside of a 3 quart sauce pan. Drop it in the sauce pan, turn on the heat to somewhere between medium and high. As soon as it is melted pour in
1 bag of mini marshmallows. When they are almost completely melted, pour in
1 bag of chocolate chips. Or butterscotch chips. Or white chocolate chips… you get the picture.

When it is melted and smooth, remove from heat and pour into the buttered cake pan. Stick it in the fridge for at least an hour.

When it is cold, it is very chewy, almost like a caramel. If you leave it out at room temperature, it is creamy and sticky.

I’m planning on playing with it a bit, you know, adding a few extra things to it on occasion: cinnamon, dried fruit, nuts… I’m even thinking of tossing in some crisp rice because, well, yum. By the way, the extra ingredients don’t add to the name, it’s still just 1, 2, 3, Fudge!

Ok, technically, it’s 1, 1, 1, fudge, but really?


REALLY?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you. :)